Full Conference Programme
Please note the conference programme may be subject to change without prior notice.
Monday 30 October: various locations
12.00 – 16.00: Study Tours
A range of study tours in and around Glasgow. Click here for more information. Bikes can be provided on request in the registration pages.
18.00 – 19.30: Civic Reception, Bikeability Scotland Awards & Cycling Champion of the Year Awards
Hosted by Glasgow City Council at the City Chambers, George Square. Drinks and light refreshments will be served. Click here for more details.
Tuesday 31 October: Technology and Innovation Centre, George Street, Glasgow
08.45 Registration, exhibition, networking and refreshments
Conference hosted and chaired by BBC Sports presenter Rhona McLeod
09.45 Morning plenary session
- 09.45 – 10.00 Introduction by conference host Rhona McLeod
- 10.00 – 10.30 Humza Yousaf MSP, Minister for Transport and the Islands
- 10.30 – 10.50 Welcome to the City by Cllr Anna Richardson, City Convenor for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction
- 10.50 – 11.00 Round up from Rhona
11.00 Refreshments, Exhibition and Networking
11.45 Morning plenary session (continued)
- 11.45 – 11.55 Maureen Kidd, Chair, Cycling Scotland
- 11.55 – 12.45 Karen Haley, Indianapolis Cultural Trail
12.45 Lunch, Exhibition and Networking
13.45 – 15.05 Breakout Sessions:
Delegates will be able to choose one of three in-depth sessions, allowing delegates to participate in more debate and really to get into the big issues that affect our daily work in getting more people cycling more often. Click here for more details.
15.05 – 15.20 Refreshments
15.20 Afternoon plenary session: Making cycling safer and more attractive.
- 15.20 – 15.40 Chief Inspector Craig Linton, Road Policing Division Area Commander (West), Police Scotland.
- 15.40 – 16.00 Michele Bryans, Acting Manager, Connswater Community Greenway
- 16.00 – 16.10 Q&A session
16.10 Conference Summary by Rhona McLeod
16.15 Conference close.